Tuesday 13 March 2012

Crazy About . . . Cakecraft the goodies!

Hello everyone!

Did you all make the most of the sunshine yesterday and today? Hopefully it will continue for the rest of this week :) 

As I mentioned I am very busy with work over the next few days going crazy with robotics, but I still managed to fit in todays blog :D. Following up on yesterdays post about all the amazing bits and bobs I picked up yesterday at Crazy About . . .  Cakecraft above Castle Market, it really is an amazing shop to pick up baking related things. They have buncases, icing, sugarpaste, food colourings, edible glitter, sprinkles, a wide range of edible cake toppers, ribbon, cutters, cake moulds, cake boards, cupcake stands and much much more. I was really impressed with the wide range of goodies in comparison to what I have seen previously in cake shops. And the prices are very reasonable too, they compete with Ebay prices for most things. So here's what I bought:

I originally went in Crazy About . . . . Cakecraft to pick up some cakeboards. They stock a wide range of cakeboards in a variety of colours. I picked up 3 bright fuchsia 21 inch circle cake boards for £1.15  each:


Fuchsia Cake Boards

With the Queen's Diamond Jubilee coming up this year I bought some union jack and sparkle cupcake picks and some union jack icing cake toppers to go on top of cupcakes. The picks cost £2.25 and the cake toppers cost £1.20 I already have union jack buncases and I thought these would go with them really well:

Union Jack and Sparkle Cupcake Picks

Icing Union Jack Cupcake Toppers
I also picked up a 21st decoration for the cake I'm going to bake for my sister's big 2 1 in summer. I don't want to put a picture on incase she sees it but it wasn't expensive at £1.40.

The final thing I bought (infact 10) was 10 cardboard cupcake boxes with inserts. They each fit 4 cupcakes in and are made of white cardboard. The boxes were 17p each and the inserts were 10p each. I've have been doing a lot of cupcakes recently for people's birthdays and I've been putting them into boxes with bows on. I thought it might be a nice idea to put them in personalised boxes with my own stamp on them. I have been looking online over the past few days so I was really surprised to see them in Crazy About . . .  Cakecraft today. Im going to print stickers to go on the boxes:

Cupcake Boxes
Have a look at my other posts or in my gallery for an idea of the wonderful sorts of things I can do with these :)
Anyway I have got loads to get on with so until next time (it could well be the blackforest gâteaux haha)

Samantha Who (loves to bake)

2 comments:

  1. I love the pink cake boards! So pretty!

    Ohhh doing your own stamp will be lovely! What a sweet idea :)

    Keep up the good work my love <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely :) Can't wait to use them!
      Yes that or stickers I am thinking :D
      xxx

      Delete