Friday 9 March 2012

Carrot Cake

Evening!

After spending all day doing work I am finally free to blog about the Carrot Cake I baked last weekend. Before I start I just want to mention that tonight I have made my own Yorkshire Puddings and it was A LOT easier than I expected! There is a great simple recipe on BBC Food . It's taken me this long to try so i'd really recommend giving it a go :)

Anyway back to the Carrot Cake. As I mentioned in my first post I tend do a lot of cakes for my friend's birthdays, it saves buying presents and I enjoy doing it so it's a good excuse :). On the 4th of March it was my boyfriend's flatmate's birthday and he had cheekily requested I make a carrot cake so I dug out the recipe a lovely lady Jo from work gave me last year. I had previously tried it twice and it worked well. A lot of the recipes I use are simple but produce a great result, this is definitely one of these!

The recipe for the cake can be found on the task bar at the top of the blog under CARROT CAKE (I have decided to do it this way, so they are easy to find and use more than once). The recipe for CREAM CHEESE FROSTING is also on the same page. 

When decorating the cake I chose a Spring/Easter theme similar to the sunflower cupcakes I posted about last week. I think with all the good weather around at the moment its hard to resist dreaming about Spring. 

Anyway I first put an emerald green ribbon round the cake to set off the pastel colours I was planning to use on top. I then got 3 small balls of ready to roll white icing about the size of an egg and kneaded in a couple of drops of food colouring into each. I made one pastel yellow, one pastel green and the 3rd pastel orange sticking to the spring theme. I then cut 'Happy Birthday Chris' out of this alternating between colours. I finished off with some edible glitter and some yellow mini eggs and voila:
Chris' Carrot Cake


Bye for now,


Samantha Who (loves to bake)



Sooooo give Carrot Cake a go, it something different from normal cake recipes! Next i'm thinking black forest gateaux :)

No comments:

Post a Comment